2014년 11월 16일 일요일

Research 5

Source:The Political Puzzle of the Civil Jury.
http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2144376

My Topic:
Civic Participation in Criminal Trials should exist.

What I hope to learn from this source:
I need the strong sources to explain why the jurors are necessary.

Notes:

"perhaps lawyers value the monetary aspects of the litigation to the exclusion of the value of demanding accountability and answers for wrongs"

"It might also be that the black box of the jury is a virtue for legitimacy purposes.
 Because jurors’ identities are not known to the broader public, they can make difficult decisions and avoid taking the heat."

"Juries don't give reasons for their decisions, so their claim to be deliberative-democratic institutions is on shaky ground "

((I didn't paraphrase it since it will be quoted.))

Final Thoughts:
I found what I really wanted! 

I will use the first one to explain why the jurors are necessary in the trials (if there are no jury, the judgment will be influenced by financial cost. The jurors can prevent that because they are free from that) Second one is also good to support my opinion that the jurors can see the cases in different aspects from the judges. This can be used to say what will happen if there is no jury. I think my essay will be strong because of this resource.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기