2014년 9월 8일 월요일

Week3 : Articulating my argument

1) My argument
I want to argue that Civic Participation in Criminal Trials should exist. The Civic Participation in Criminal Trials Act was introduced to Korea in 2008. Since then, there are various public opinion opposing  implementation this policy. Therefore, I decided to write this pursuasive essay ,"Civic Participation in Criminal Trials should exist", to persuade the opponents by listing the profit of this policy.


2) How I found my argument 
My first research question was Civic Participation in Criminal Trials should exist. My first research helped me to support my opinion that we can remove the flaws of practicing Civic participation in Criminal Trials through doing things proposed in the research sources.


3) New research questions 
I have several questions that need to be resolved.
a) What is the benefits of implementing Civic Participation in Criminal Trials.
b) Why some people oppose this policy?
c) What is the thing which can be used to rebut their opinion.
I'll continue browsing the internet and looking for interesting articles and keeping track of my research with blog posts.

4) Connections to the Harvard Sampler 
This argument is very related to the Harvard Sampler. The most important point used to argue about the justification of enforcing Civic Participation in Criminal Trials is "human mind". As the trials is derived from juries' mind, we have to pay many attentions when we judge the  properness of their trials or justificaion of their qualification. My argument will deal with those content. Therefore, this argument is very connected to the Harvard Sampler.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기