2014년 9월 10일 수요일

Research 2

Source:
Consider the Jury's Political Role
http://www.persuasivelitigator.com/2012/12/consider-the-jurys-political-role.html

My Topic:
Civic participation in Criminal Trials is beneficial.

What I hope to learn from this source:
I want to find the benefit of Civic Participation in Criminal Trials - it is the citizens' political action. We can grow civic engagement through participating this policy.

Notes:
  1. The Political Role of the Civil Jury - It is a examine placing too much power in the government's prosecutorial hands.

  2. If We Took the Jury's Political Role Seriously - many things will be different
           1) More Willingness to Go to Trial - the jury's capacity as a political institution and a public voice = part of the client's thinking.
           2)We Would Do Post-Verdict Interviews Every Time the Law Allows - propose a model that would allow juries to opt in (most will) by providing a preferred means of contact to the judge
           3)We Would Treat Mock Trials As Anything But "Mock" ( often, their pride seems to stem from the belief that, even if it is an adversarial exercise owned by one party or the other, it is still part of the calculation that may lead to a resolution of the case )
  The role of the juries is very important. Therefore, we have to let them participate in criminal trials.

Final Thoughts:
This source is interesting. I think it can be used to reason my opinion and rebut the opposites' idea. Especially the jury's role : examining placing too much power in the government's prosecutorial hands is very fresh. I can use this fact in both sides. I was happy to find this fact because it perfectly support my opinion with related to the purpose of implementing this system.
But I think I did not understand this material wholly. (Because of this reason, I couldn't perfectly summarize this material in my words.) Therefore, It cannot be used a lot. But it is good resource

댓글 1개:

  1. This looks like a good source, but the notes need to be in your own words.

    답글삭제